|Fur Details||Marmalade colored, Tabby|
|The Outlaw Varjak Paw||None|
|“||It's time that changed. From now on, no one can march in here and take us away, or steal our food. This'll be a free city - for Free Cats!||”|
—Mrs Moggs, The Outlaw Varjak Paw, page 102
Mrs Moggs is a major character in The Outlaw Varjak Paw. She is the eldest and leader of the Free Cats.
- Mrs Moggs is an old marmalade tabby that lives in the city center. She is the oldest and wisest cat in the city, according to Tam. Her granddaughter is Jessie and both talk in a gypsy-like way.
- As something similar to a leader of the Free Cats, she is the one to speak for all of them, whenever something happens. During the book, she also stands up against Sally Bones' Gang, to protect her family and Varjak, who she sees great hope for the future.
- Mrs Moggs is visited by Varjak, Tam, and Holly, she introduced her grandkid, Jessie to them, when Jessie is captured, she is thankful when Varjak volunteers to save her.
- When Jessie comes back, she celebrates by disobeying Sally Bones rules and eating fish from the harbor. When Sally bones comes, she stands defiant of all the cats running up the fire escape. Her death is not described, but she is appears dead at Sally Bones' paws.
- "It's time that changed. From now on, no one can march in here and take us away, or steal our food. This'll be a free city - for Free Cats!"
- —Mrs Moggs at the official naming of the Free Cats The Outlaw Varjak Paw, page 102
References & Citations